If you are a professional with 10 or more years’ experience working for an entity with a minimum annual turnover or budget of MUR 50 million as a:
- Senior executive involved directly with matters relating to corporations and Corporate Governance
- Partners or sole proprietors of a professional practice or unincorporated business
- Academic personnel of associate professor level or equivalent
Our Nominations and Membership Committee may take into consideration whether the applicant has the appropriate experience and background which makes him/her eligible as a Fellow member.
If you are over 21 years of age, with 5 or more years’ experience working for an organisation with a minimum annual turnover of MUR 5 million as:
- a director or alternate director of an entity; or academic personnel at the level of, or equivalent to, professorship or senior lecturer, the heads of appropriate faculties in technical colleges being included in this category; or
- A director or equivalent position at a non-profit organisation
- An Associate Member who has completed the qualifying courses specified by the MIoD in its rules and regulations.
- a company secretary; or
- a senior executive with managerial responsibilities in the public or private sector; or
- a partner, associate or senior executive of a professional practice relating to business, management, finance, trade, economics or other related fields; or
- an executive at senior level in national, regional, or local government
If you are full-time student at a recognised tertiary education institution and interested in the promotion of good corporate governance, if you aspire to become a Member of the Institute and enrol in the MIoD’s training programme, you can send us your application.
- To qualify for Associate Membership, an applicant should not be eligible for full membership fee. The Associate membership status will be reviewed every 3 years by our Nominations and Membership Committee and will assess whether advancement to full membership is appropriate.
If you are over 65 years of age and has been a “Member” or “Fellow” for at least 3 consecutive years and if you are no longer active in business in any capacity, you may apply for this membership category.
If you are living overseas, you can become a MIoD member but need to have a permanent address in Mauritius. You may not be a Mauritian Citizen but should have been residing in Mauritius for at least 12 months. Overseas members will have all the benefits of their membership category.